Fitness / Wellness Programs
Need to stay in shape? Want to take off a few pounds? Find the need to better your balance? Not to worry!
The Rochester Council on Aging offers a variety of fitness programs geared to keep seniors healthy, limber, and in shape.
We currently offer the following exercise programs:
- Chair Yoga - Mondays, 1:15 - 2:15 pm; Marsha Hartley, Instructor
- Zumba - Wednesdays, 7 - 8 pm; Liz Ashley, Instructor
- Zumba Gold - Mondays, 3 - 4 pm; Pati Cautillo, Instructor
- Stepping & Stretching - Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:00 pm; Karen Corcoran, Instructor
- Cardio Dance Fit - Tuesdays, 10 - 11 am; Margie Blinstrub, Instructor
- Ballroom Dancing Classes - Wednesdays, 10 am; Nancy Barrett, Instructor
- Line Dancing Classes - Traditional Country/Western; Tuesdays 2:15 pm - 4pm, and Fridays 9:30 am - 11 am; Nancy Cabral, Instructor
It's easy to sign up for one of our exercise classes here at the Senior Center. There is something for everyone, and we are continuing to expand our offerings. Please note: There are fees attached to these classes. Contact the Senior Center for details.
The Fitness Program room is open 5 days a week, 4 hours each day and is monitered by a Senior Aid from Coastline Elderly Services. A monthly $10 membership fee (per person) is due the first of each month. Pick up your application today!
A free Blood Pressure Clinic is offered weekly, Wednesdays from 10 am - noon by Rochester's Town Health Nurse, Connie Dolan. No appointment necessary!
Oral Hygenist Holly Petruzzo (pictured at right), RDH, visits the Rochester Council on Aging on a regular basis. She brings all her equipment with her - including the examination chair - to help seniors with their dental care. Please call the center at 508-763-8723 for more information.
Occasionally, scheduled flu shot, pneumonia shot, hearing, vision, chiropractic, podiatry, and glucose screening clinics are also held. An annual Wellness Fair is held at the Senior Center, which offers many available resources to Seniors from the local area.
Please contact us with any questions.